Monday, March 19, 2007

BUY THIS ALBUM



I posted a video of Robin Thicke while back. It was just one of those videos I had stumbled across. The song was “Lost Without U.”



I fell in love with this song. I think he has such a great sound in his voice. I listened to his entire album titled, THE EVOLUTION OF ROBIN THICKE! This album is amazingly phenomenal. I groove out to the entire album from beginning to end (while playing some tracks on repeat).

Being the nerd that I am, I went online and started researching him. Check out this bio I found from his official web site: www.robinthicke.com.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
One year ago Pharrell Williams asked Jimmy Iovine, CEO of Interscope, "How can I be involved in the Robin Thicke project?" A month later, Robin was recording his first single "Wanna Love You Girl" with Pharrell in Miami, as a newly signed artist on Pharrell's label, Star Trak Records. This explosive, smash single immediately attracted the attention of radio and club DJs across the country.

The Evolution of Robin Thicke is the second solo album from the critically acclaimed, Grammy award winning songwriter and producer. The album is a timeless work of art with a voice of purity, passion and soulfulness. Robin brings to life the stories and emotions of the last two years of his life. Admittedly, those two years have been a tumultuous ride of ups and downs filled with incandescent magic. It is an album that tells the tales of love, loss, temptation, redemption and finding hope when all the odds are against you. "My greatest desire with this album was to write songs that were completely honest and sing them with the emotion I was feeling when I wrote them, so that whoever listens to my music is brought as close to my experiences and life as possible." With this intention, Robin's second U.S. single, "Lost Without U" is about Robin's insecurities and his need to be desired and loved. With sweeping vocals over rhythmic Spanish guitar, this song takes you away and makes you sing along.

Always carrying a heavy heart, Robin taught himself to play piano at the age of twelve so he could have an outlet to express himself. By the age of fourteen, he could play anything he heard on the radio. At sixteen, with no formal training, Robin began professionally writing and producing music for recording artists like Brandy and Brian McKnight. Over the years he has amassed dozens of gold and platinum records with artists including Usher, Mary J. Blige, Michael Jackson and Christina Aguilera.

The Evolution of Robin Thicke is an imaginative and heart-felt album that you cannot help but be moved by, bob your head to and smile throughout.




1 Comments:

Blogger Eddie said...

He does sing very well. Looks just like his dad...

He sounds a little like some guy that was out a while back named Maxwell. Remember him?

Besos

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home