Sunday, March 11, 2007

Building Yourself...



I’ve built walls. Walls so high, that sometimes I feel as if I cannot breathe…

In fact, it’s human nature to build walls. There is a secret to these walls, though. Okay- Let’s see if this comes out as good on paper as it did in my head….

The main factor is the foundation. I can’t help but ask questions… How was I raised? What beliefs did my parents instill in me? What kind of man am I? What kind of man do I want to become?

I admit that I tell everyone (even strangers) that I am a wonderful person because of my parents. They taught me that love is the most important and sacred thing in the world. Love for family, love for friends, love for others, love for pets, love for culture, love for arts, love for EVERYTHING!

Now with that being said, I don’t turn my back away on love. With this day in age, I can say that my walls are retractable. There’s a time and a place when sometimes one needs to crack a window, open up a door, or retract that wall…

I believe the unhealthiest thing one can do is run away, and hide behind these walls. Once again, I couldn’t help but ask questions… How does one build immunity to colds if he/she never had one? How does one learn to clean a wound if injury is always prevented? How can one know heartache without losing a love one?

I believe flaws, mistakes, and stupid decisions (in the long run) are EXTREMELY beneficial. They toughen the skin. They make me A MAN!

YING AND YANG BABY!!!!

Where ever there is darkness, there is light.
Where ever there is light, there is darkness.

It seems rather simple in my head.

Mistakes are only experiences that make one stronger!

::breaks out into Britney::

STRONGER THAN YESTERDAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home